If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

spring hikes

Post future hikes, Looking for hiking partners.
Birdman

spring hikes

Unread post by Birdman »

I am doing Giant Ledge-Panther on April 29th(a Wednesday) and Thomas Cole on May 20th(a Wednesday) if anyone is interested. Ed
mike

Re: spring hikes

Unread post by mike »

Would love to join you, but I am still working on the waterfall section. Hoping to get to some of the waterfalls while the water is flowing strong. But, I am sure others will join you.
Birdman

Re: spring hikes - update

Unread post by Birdman »

April 29th will be Giant Ledge only
Birdman

Unread post by Birdman »

Had a great hike today at Giant Ledge. Perfect weather. I am still doing Thomas Cole on the 20th. I am thinking of sliding Twin into the schedule in the next week or so.
mtnclimber

Unread post by mtnclimber »

Great time of year to do Twin. The skies are usually clear, so the views are great. I would say to go for it.
Birdman

Unread post by Birdman »

This past Saturday I went up to Sherman's Lookout on the Devil's path via the Platte Clove Preserve Trail. I was able to find an empty spot on Platte Clove Rd. to park. There were no sign-in sheets in the registry binder. Not good as I saw a lot of hikers that day. At least there was a posting that the trail in Stony Clove 214 was closed due to the forest fire on Hunter. I still plan to go next week on Wednesday up to Thomas Cole. Ed