If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Missing whitetail in Willowemoc

Discussions about all wildlife, trees, plants, flowers, and geology
Fisherman-Jim

Missing whitetail in Willowemoc

Unread post by Fisherman-Jim »

Went out camping to Frick Pond area, and we did not see even one whitetail, either there or on the way, no tracks or dung either. Here in Jersey you can't go for a drive without seeing a live or dead deer, and even when you do not see them their tracks are everywhere. All the dog had to chase was a Goose family and a single grouse? Is this typical?
dundee

Re: Missing whitetail in Willowemoc

Unread post by dundee »

It's very typical when one lets their dog run loose.
mtnclimber

Unread post by mtnclimber »

Deer move around quite a bit. Maybe none now, but 3 months from now it could be quite different. I don't know the Willowemoc area too well, but that would be my guess.
Fisherman-Jim

dundee wrote:It's very typical when one lets their dog run loose.
Well, when the dog runs loose here in Jersey, she can be tailing whitetails every day if I choose to bring her to them, 5 minutes from the house. However that is besides the point, there was not even a single hoofmark or dropping in the Forest where I was, do you suppose she scared their tracks away? She did have fun with a grouse, some geese and the mastiff mix she met on the trail though, here she is..... https://www.flickr.com/photos/105281199 ... 438129927/
Fisherman-Jim

mtnclimber wrote:Deer move around quite a bit. Maybe none now, but 3 months from now it could be quite different. I don't know the Willowemoc area too well, but that would be my guess.

I was hoping for some shots of bucks in velvet...oh well?