If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Bit by a Pit Viper

Discussions about all wildlife, trees, plants, flowers, and geology
mike

Re: Bit by a Pit Viper

Unread post by mike »

Sepsis is where the infection spreads to the blood stream. Many people die from sepsis. Some hospitals out that way are not very good. Glad you are getting better.
Kris

Unread post by Kris »

Im so sick... It hurts sooo much. I can't take it!!!
Kris

Unread post by Kris »

My Synopsis:
After 3 weeks, I was released from the second hospital. I followed up with their doctors and was sent home. I sent myself to wound care-- They performed emergency surgery and cauterization with no anesthetic-- there wasn't time for ER and OR prep.
My entire case was botched by more than 1 facility and more than 10 physicians.

If someone gets bitten by anything anywhere, you may want to contact Poison Control or The CDC--They will advise medical professionals as to the proper medical treatment or refer the case to experts accordingly.
Most hospitals here have limited or no experience with envenomated patients as Mike implied.
If I had taken the advise of Orange County Regional, Phelps Memorial, or my own physician- You would be reading my obituary instead of my story.
I am facing another surgery and am still suffering from fairly significant pain levels. I know this could be much worse. I also believe that all experiences inspire personal growth in many ways. I happen to be one of those people that had to learn several lessons the hard way :). I hope this information may be relayed to friends and family to avoid a similar unnecessary events.
Thank You for reading and Happy Trails!
Kris