If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Balsam and Eagle tomorrow. Or something.

Post future hikes, Looking for hiking partners.
kennykb

Balsam and Eagle tomorrow. Or something.

Unread post by kennykb »

I'm thinking of doing Balsam and Eagle from Rider Hollow (I'm too lazy for McKenley!) tomorrow, unless someone wants to go hiking with me and has a better suggestion. I'll most likely get to the trailhead around 10 or 10:30 if someone wants to join me at the last minute. I had something else planned, but my partner cancelled on me. If someone wants to try to grab a bushwhack, I'd be game. (I'm even cool with leading one, but solo bushwhacking is getting a little beyond my risk tolerance.)

I'll check the board tonight and in the morning before I leave, but if you really are interested, it would be better to shoot me an email: kevin.b.kenny@gmail.com.
I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am. I'm right here.
mike

Re: Balsam and Eagle tomorrow. Or something.

Unread post by mike »

Sorry Kevin. I have to go to Kingston tomorrow. Eagle is pretty boring, but Balsam is quite nice. Nice view point. I like Rider Hollow too.
kennykb

Re: Balsam and Eagle tomorrow. Or something.

Unread post by kennykb »

I've done Balsam before, so I know it's nice. I need a second climb of Balsam for the 35, and I haven't done Eagle. The last time I tried it (2 years ago), I turned back because the ice was all slushy and my spikes wouldn't grip it. The going was just too sketchy. You're right, Rider Hollow has those magnificent stands of old-growth hemlocks that are just awe-inspiring.