If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Countryman Kill Falls Loop - April 27th

Post future hikes, Looking for hiking partners.
mike

Countryman Kill Falls Loop - April 27th

Unread post by mike »

Rich K and I are going to be doing the Countryman Kill Falls Loop on Saturday, April 27th. If you want to go, please post here, PM, or Email me.

You can check out part of the hike here: http://www.catskillmountaineer.com/NSL-CKfalls.html

While at the Falls, we will take some time there. So, if you want to photograph them, please bring your camera. I will be bringing a tri-pod if you want to use it.

From the falls, we will then hike up to Little Stoppel Point to complete the loop.
Jon

Re: Countryman Kill Falls Loop - April 27th

Unread post by Jon »

I want to go but how strenuous is it? Think my wife could go?
mike

Unread post by mike »

The hike from Winter Clove Inn to the waterfalls is about 2 miles, and is mainly flat land. If your wife doesn't want to continue, you could turn around and hike back to the Inn. This is something almost anyone could do. At that point it would be around 4 miles round trip.

From the waterfalls we are going to hike up the old logging trail until we get about 600 vertical feet below Stoppel Point. Quite a bit of vertical. No rock scrabbling, but the trail gets steeper towards the end. Once we get up on the ridge, the walk is beautiful and easy. When we come off the ridge, the incline is steeper, but no rock scrabbling.

If you want to go, just shoot me an Email. We will then arrange a meeting point. We are planning to start the hike around 9am to 9:30am from Winter Clove Inn.

We would love to have you join us.

Jon

Unread post by Jon »

sorry we're not going to be able to make it. Sarah just isn't in the mood for waking up that early or hiking. She wants to go on more local NJ things to get back into it before heading up to the catskills. (no matter how relatively easy it may be).
kennykb

Unread post by kennykb »

And a good time was had by all. Thanks, Mike, Alexis, Rich!
I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am. I'm right here.
mike

Unread post by mike »

We had a great time. Glad you joined us on this hike. Nice easy going pace. Hope to see you next week. I posted some pics under North-south lake region. Check them out.