If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

2013 hiking partner

Post future hikes, Looking for hiking partners.
Birdman

2013 hiking partner

Unread post by Birdman »

Retired 2012 from Connecticut. My wife and moved to Saugerties at the end of September 2012. Over the years done a lot of mountains mostly North. Devils path,Blackhead range,others. Looking to do a lot over again plus south Slide,Wittenburg,Cornell etc which I have never done. I'm 56 (got asmtha) and looking for a partner. Done a lot of solo hikes but know importance of not going alone. Any interest let me know. Ed
mike

Re: 2013 hiking partner

Unread post by mike »

We have a bunch of hikes planned. We are just waiting for Winter to end. Still lots of snow out there. You are welcome to join us on some of these hikes. We move at the rate of the slowest hiker, and everyone comes out of the woods together. Some of us are photographers, so we stop to take pictures, or do whatever. Some of our hikes are technically difficult. Some are easy. Others are beautiful. Sometimes we have a big group. Other times we have a very small group. We have been surveying the waterfalls in the Catskills, so many of the hikes have waterfalls along the way. Some are on trails. Others involve some bushwhacking. Some of us are not exactly young. You're welcome to join us. We do most of our hikes on Saturday, assuming that the weather is good.
Birdman

Unread post by Birdman »

What is the usual method of contacting someone in this forum? ie. email,etc. Would like to learn a little more about your group.
Jon

Unread post by Jon »

I don't know if there is a group. I just found this forum, loved the content, started posting, and away we go! The only person I've hiked with from the forums was Trunks (and his friend) We went up Halcott and Fir together. Some fun times!

I don't know how he got in contact with me but I think if you click the mail icon it sends an email and you can converse from there.
Birdman

Unread post by Birdman »

Mike, tried to click on email button as suggested by Jon but did not allow me to contact.
dave

Unread post by dave »

Birdman:

You have to login before you can Email or PM a member. Otherwise, it will tell you that you are not allowed to Email or PM.

You can also click on the user name and a drop down box should pop up. Again, you have to login to be allowed to do this.

Let me know how you make out.

Dave
kennykb

Unread post by kennykb »

Birdman,

I'm interested in getting out more myself. We'd get along fine, I think: I'm a snail when I hike, although sometimes when I'm in a hurry I can push it up to 'tortoise.'

Shoot me a PM or an email kennykb at acm dot org. My schedule is swiss cheese but we can work out something.

Kevin
I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am. I'm right here.
TrunksWD

Unread post by TrunksWD »

Hi Everyone,

I'm always looking for new people to hike with. I usually hike somewhat fast, but I have no problem taking it easy. I'm 25 and live 2 to 2.5 hours away depending on the trail head, so I won't be able to get to start hiking super early.

As Jon mentioned he is the only person on here I've hiked with.

I've done all the high peaks, but I've got no problem doing most of them over again, as well other hikes that don't involve high peaks.

-William
mike

Unread post by mike »

A bunch of us are thinking about doing some group hikes soon.

KHP (west access)
Countryman Kill Falls Loop

Both are awesome hikes. Since most of the snow has melted, we can start to schedule some of these hikes.
TrunksWD

Unread post by TrunksWD »

When you hike KHP (West Access) will you be going over to Hurricane Ledge for the view? The only time I hiked KHP I went up Hurricane Ledge and a storm was blowing in (I got caught on top of KHP with hale and rain and thunder) and it blocked the view of the Devil's Path. I know it is suppose to be one of the best views in the Catskills.