If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Mid-Hudson Valley Hikers

Post future hikes, Looking for hiking partners.
dpk

Mid-Hudson Valley Hikers

Unread post by dpk »

I just found this awesome forum and am hoping to connect with other area hikers. I've climbed a number of ADK and Catskill High Peaks as well as some of the taller mountains in VT, NH and Maine. Now that I am an official "Aspiring" 46er and 3500er I'm looking to find more folks to hike with. I hail from Red Hook. What say ye?

Don
Last edited by dpk on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike

Re: Mid-Hudson Valley Hikers

Unread post by mike »

Welcome to the forum. There are a number of listers on the site that are doing the 3500's.

I know that I am going to be doing some of the less known places this Spring with a couple of other people.

KHP (West access)
South Mtn (by ashokan high peak)
Little Stoppel & Countryman Kill waterfalls
Rip's Ledge
Winter Clove Falls after a good rain.
dpk

Unread post by dpk »

Thanks Mike. Keep me posted on any trips you have planned and I will do the same.

Slainte!
TrunksWD

Unread post by TrunksWD »

I'm up for hiking with some new people. Jon is the only person on here I have hiked with. I've got my 3500'er badge and I am working on my Winter badge and 46'er badge. I'm up for doing most of the high peaks again just for fun, as well as lower peaks.
Jon

Unread post by Jon »

want to get Sherill & north Dome before the 21 st?
TrunksWD

Unread post by TrunksWD »

When would you be able to hike? I'm not sure if I'll have the time. I'm suppose to be hiking Plateau in the 17th and I think a hike outside the Catskills on the 10th. We will have a lot of daylight, especially once the clocks change, but it is not an easy hike, especially if snowshoes are required. When I hiked them the first time we did it from Shaft Road on Rt 42 in order to skip the ledges on North Dome. We did have to go over Sherrill twice.