If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

New Signs/Register at Moores Bridge?

Buttermilk Falls, Cortina, Devil's Kitchen, Haines Falls, Hawkeye, Huckleberry Point, Johnson's Point, Kaaterskill High Peak, Poet's Ledge, Round Top, Viola Falls, Wildcat Falls
kkayaker8

New Signs/Register at Moores Bridge?

Unread post by kkayaker8 »

Hey all - so I've started to reuse the mountain road instead of risking a ticket on the back mountain road and noticed at moores bridge a whole bunch of No Glass signs, but on my way back up noticed some maps and a trail register? Any ideas what they're up to? I thought maybe it was to record the usage in that area since ice climbing has gotten to be a bigger attraction there and the swimming this last summer....I'm just real curious since there's no "marked" trails right there in that spot.....
mike

Re: New Signs/Register at Moores Bridge?

Unread post by mike »

This summer there were significant problems from swimmers. They were leaving their car parked in the middle of the road. They were having parties and left a ton of garbage. They were breaking bottles and causing lots of problems. The Town of Hunter then wanted to put up No Parking signs from Palenville to Haines Falls.

I didn't know that there was a registration box by Moore's Bridge and Fawn's Leap. Where exactly is this box?
kkayaker8

Unread post by kkayaker8 »

If you're driving down the mountain, it's right after you cross Moore's Bridge, on the right....You hardly notice it on the way down but on the way up you do, because it's facing that way. Maybe I'm imagining the register, i was in a rush so I didnt leave my car in the middle of the road :D but there were totally maps....
mike

Unread post by mike »

I looked for it Sunday, but didn't see it. I'll have to look again.
mike

Unread post by mike »

I found it! WOW! It is right at the bridge. You are right. There are two stickers on it. Maybe for ice climbers?