If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Huckleberry Point and some Waterfalls

Buttermilk Falls, Cortina, Devil's Kitchen, Haines Falls, Hawkeye, Huckleberry Point, Johnson's Point, Kaaterskill High Peak, Poet's Ledge, Round Top, Viola Falls, Wildcat Falls
mike

Huckleberry Point and some Waterfalls

Unread post by mike »

On Saturday Alexis and I headed down to the Catskills. We had a list of places we wanted to hike. But, in the end, we picked something that wasn't on the list. Mainly because the leaves were gone above 2,000'. From our calculation we figured that Huckleberry would have good foliage.

We arrived later then we had planned. We got there around 10am. The parking lot was getting full. We hiked up the road, and then cut across the forest to Hells Hole Creek. A little short cut we have been using for a while. But, during our hike we saw very few people. When we got close to the point, we ran into another hike. The first one. He said that another couple were getting engaged on the point. Cobalt blue skies. Beautiful foliage. Great day to do it. Just before we got to the point, we ran into the happy couple. They looked quite happy.

We then arrived at the point. It was a little windy, but the views were great. We had lunch and took a few pictures. We had the point to ourselves.

As we headed back we started to run into lots of hikers. Although we started later then normal, the timing was still good.

Part way back, we stopped and photographed upper Hell's Hole Falls.

From there we headed over to Kaaterskill Falls. Took some pictures and called it a day.

SNEAKers

Re: Huckleberry Point and some Waterfalls

Unread post by SNEAKers »

Mike, Pics 1,4 and 6 are just perfect!

I love Huckleberry Point, but have only been there once. I was lucky enough to have been able to enjoy it without anyone else there. I'm going to look at the map and try to find the "shortcut" you're talking about. If you have a map of it please share, I am looking to do Katerskill High Peak and would use it to shorten that if it would apply.