If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Stoppel Point

Kaaterskill Falls, North/South Lake, North Point, North Mtn, Palenville Overlook, Rip's House, South Mtn, Stoppel Point
ssjamk65

Stoppel Point

Unread post by ssjamk65 »

Last Thursday, (9/13), we left our campsite and headed down to the start of the trail behind N. Lake beach. Another beautiful cloudless day and very warm. We headed up the escarpment, took the side trail to Sunset Rock(Bear's Den area), then continued on up to N. Point and Stoppel Pt. This is the first time I've ever continued past N. Point and I really enjoyed the extra trails up to Stoppel. It was quite evident that the trail beyond N. Point sees a lot less foot traffic than below it. I can't tell you how many spider webs we walked into. The only wildlife apart from spiders was a pheasant that took off about 5ft. from my brother. Quite funny. Not too many people on the trail. Passed one woman near Sunset rock who was on her way down from NP. She had to be in her mid to late 60's. She was very excited that this was her first time ever camping. On our way back from Stoppel we ran into a group of college age kids at NP who were making all sorts of noise. There went the hopes of seeing any other wildlife. We took the trail from Badman's cave over to Ashley Falls and back to our campsite via Mary's Glen. Very little water going over the falls, and the trails were quite dry throughout the whole 9 mile hike.

Overall a very nice hike. Regret not getting to Stoppel years earlier.

Scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.