If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Thank You Catskills!!!

General Topics about Hiking in the Catskill Mountains that are not trail related
Wolfie2nd

Thank You Catskills!!!

Unread post by Wolfie2nd »

Just returned from my Devil's Path through hike and it was an AWESOME experience! With the weather over the weekend it made it the hardest hike that I have ever done we had snow, sleet and rain.. but anyways I just want to thank the trail crew for all their hard work keeping that bad @$$ momma joma well marked and cleaned of the big blow downs..
That trail tested my will and determination to make 10 miles a day with a 2 mile side trip to check out the thrown room.. We really had to push ourselves to stay on schedule with the sketchy weather, even doing a 12 hr day so we could summit hunter and stay in the mouse free shelter..
Thanks again I will be visiting the skillz again soon
mike

Re: Thank You Catskills!!!

Unread post by mike »

The snow was a little unexpected. Sometimes we get an inch or two, but it then melts very quickly. This stuff actually stayed around for a couple days. Should be the last of Winter.

You did pretty good considering the weather conditions. Next time, it should be a whole lot better.

Last weekend we hung around on the lower eastern escarpment. We tried to stay below the snow line.

Hope to see you out there in the future.