If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Lone and Rocky

Post future hikes, Looking for hiking partners.
thedoughnut

Lone and Rocky

Unread post by thedoughnut »

I am planning on hiking these two trailess peaks in the near future. I was wondering if anyone had a link or actual GPS tracks that I can download to follow? I'd even take the GPS loaction of the summit canisters, if that's all anyone has. I tried before without any GPS coordinates, and it didn't work out so well.
Thanks, greatly appreciate it.
mike

Re: Lone and Rocky

Unread post by mike »

I would be happy to hike these two with you.
thedoughnut

Unread post by thedoughnut »

Sounds good, I work six days a week, with Sunday being my only free day. Not sure if I can go this Sunday or not, I'll keep you posted as to what day I can go.
mike

Unread post by mike »

I don't think I can go this weekend.
Jon

Unread post by Jon »

are you still going tomorrow? And what is your assault plan?

Going along the neversink and then up from the north?
Going up table first and then down from the south?

Let me know because I might want to go...i won't be able to get up to denning until at least after 9:00.

here is the path that my friends and I took last year.
Click this map to view it in google maps. It's interactive, and you can click on the pins to see a picture from the spot, or a blurb about what we did:
**when you click, it shows up as road map or satellite map depending on what you last viewed in google maps.

to view it with the contour lines like above picture you must check off "terrain"
in the map type selection tile in the top right of the map screen.

"Terrain" can only be selected if it's set to "map" not satellite, and it can't be zoomed in too far.
mike

Unread post by mike »

Tomorrow it is suppose to rain later in the afternoon. Lone & Rocky is a full day hike. I can't go tomorrow. But, maybe next weekend.
Jon

Unread post by Jon »

mike wrote:Tomorrow it is suppose to rain later in the afternoon. Lone & Rocky is a full day hike. I can't go tomorrow. But, maybe next weekend.
yah i didn't get out. Decided to not blow off the homework. Crummy day out anyways. Still next weekend is my 7th anniversary so I'm not gonna be hiking anywhere.

good luck on lone and rocky!
TobiasTicetonyk

Unread post by TobiasTicetonyk »

Forgive me for being over ambitious, but in case anyone is interested, I am intent on hiking the Catskill Nine this April, before waterfall chasm season. Either starting or ending with slide mountain, and encompassing the Wittenberg-Peekamoose range. Probably easiest done from the Denning parking area, starting at some ungodly hour.

Just sayin'