If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

washouts

Buttermilk Falls, Cortina, Devil's Kitchen, Haines Falls, Hawkeye, Huckleberry Point, Johnson's Point, Kaaterskill High Peak, Poet's Ledge, Round Top, Viola Falls, Wildcat Falls
erik7181

washouts

Unread post by erik7181 »

I was planing on going hikeing to roud top does anyone know of any trails that are washed out ?
mike

Re: washouts

Unread post by mike »

If you can get to Gillespie Road, you can hike up from there. It is half trails, and half bushwhacking. You should be able to get to Gillespie Road. If you come from Devil's Kitchen, you will have a lot of mud and water to contend with.
erik7181

I would be comeing from lanesville on 214, I would be going sept 8th or 9th.
I was planing to go up and hike some diffrent spots but I don't know now because of the hurricane, I don't want to take the days off and not be able to hike the spots I want to hike as a result of the trails being washed out. Erik
dave

Unread post by dave »

Rt 214 is closed between Phoenicia and Hunter.
You also cannot hike in from Silver Hollow Road because Rt 212 is washed out and closed.

Hiking options are limited
erik7181

My father said they opened up 214 and there working now on repairs, my house is by harry sickler way in lanesville. Do you know if I would be able to hike from the lot on gillespie rd near tannersville. I will be going up sept 8,9,10th, I really hope I can I am takeing off from my job to go up.
Thanks Erik
mike

Unread post by mike »

I think you can get there now. As of today, Rt 214 is the only concern. On the Phoenicia end, I heard that the road is washed out. On the Hunter end, there were trees down. I don't know if the bridge is still good on the Hunter end.

By next week, a lot of things will change.
erik7181

Katterskill falls

The DEC posted that katterskill falls is closed until further notice.