If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Kaaterskill High Peak - date pending

Post future hikes, Looking for hiking partners.
mike

Kaaterskill High Peak - date pending

Unread post by mike »

We have a number of people who want to hike KHP from the west access. Let me know if you would like to join.
rkugel

Re: Kaaterskill High Peak - date pending

Unread post by rkugel »

Hi Mike,

We last communicated in December 2009 about hiking KHP from the west access and seeing Tory Fort.

I am definitely still interested and would welcome the opportunity to join you. Please keep me posted and let me know when you set a date.

Thanks, Rich K.
mike

Unread post by mike »

The snow is melting pretty quick. Tonight we are suppose to get 2-3 inches of rain, so this will wash out some more. I am thinking sometime in April. There are a number of other people who want to go too. I keep you informed.
rkugel

Unread post by rkugel »

Hi Mike,

Just curious...Are you still planning a hike to Kaaterskill High Peak and the Tory Fort this spring?

Thanks, Rich K.
mike

Unread post by mike »

I was going to schedule a hike in April, but there was still too much snow. Gillispie Road was still snowed in. I then decided to wait until the leaves were out. They should be just about out now. So, we could do the hike any time now.
rkugel

Unread post by rkugel »

Hi Mike,

Sounds good. My schedule is pretty flexible, though I prefer Saturdays to Sundays only because the traffic on the New York Thruway on Sunday afternoons/evenings is horrendous (especially down by me towards Jersey).

I could also probably get a day off during the week (Fridays would work the best), but I'll leave the scheduling up to you. Do you have an idea of how many people are interested? If the group isn't too large, I'd like to extend an invite to one or two of my friends.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks again, Rich
mike

Unread post by mike »

We might be able to hike this weekend. The weather is still a little iffy. Next weekend I have to go to Vermont on Saturday, and a family outing on Sunday. I generally have a hard time getting off during the week.

I would like to pick a weekend where the weather is good. Hurricane Ledge has great views, so clear skies are important. I prefer to hike in cooler weather if possible.

Go ahead and extend an invite to your friends.
rkugel

Unread post by rkugel »

Hi Mike,

I'm hearing that this weekend will be partly/mostly cloudy with a chance of showers, so that's probably not a good time. Since you have plans for Memorial Day Weekend, we don't we try for a weekend in June (before the weather gets too hot)?

Right now, my calendar is clear, so I'll let you pick the date. As soon as I hear from you, I'll keep the day clear and plan for the hike!

Thanks so much, Rich