If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Drop off near Slide

Post future hikes, Looking for hiking partners.
preed

Drop off near Slide

Unread post by preed »

A friend and I will be coming for a trip mid-late July 2016. We are camping at Woodland Valley. We'd like to do Slide, Cornell, Wittenberg as a day hike. Is there any possible way we could get picked up at Woodland valley and be dropped off near the trailhead for Slide. We would then hike back to Woodland Valley during the day. It would make the day somewhat easier for us. He is 30- something and in good shape; I am 50-something and (will be) in OK shape. It is possible to do all three in one day- right? Thanks
mike

Re: Drop off near Slide

Unread post by mike »

No problem doing all 3 in one day. About 12 miles if I recall correctly. Probably easier to hike from Woodland Valley to Wittenberg, Cornell, and Slide. Then find someone at the Slide Mtn Parking Lot to give you a ride back. Most drive past the Woodland Valley Road. Then you can find another ride again.

Or, find someone that wants to do the hike with you, and spot a car at slide.

This is a popular area, so getting a ride isn't that hard.

The problem with a pickup is timing. You don't know how long the hike will take.
preed

Re: Drop off near Slide

Unread post by preed »

Thanks for the info and help... we may just try to hitch a ride with someone. Haven't hitch-hiked in a few years!