If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

New Historic Hike for North-South lake Region

Anything related to history in the Catskill Mountains
mike

New Historic Hike for North-South lake Region

Unread post by mike »

After many hikes, and lots of research we have added a new Historic Hike to the North-South Lake Region.

Escarpment Trail - Historic Hike - Approximately 6.39 miles round trip - 3 hours. Easy. This hike will encounter Kaaterskill Falls, Laurel House, Kaaterskill Hotel site, Boulder Rock, Catskill Mountain House, and the Saw Mill. Numerous other landmarks. Boulder Rock and the old Catskill Mountain House provide outstanding views of the Hudson Valley. You can make side trips to North-South Lake for bathrooms, picnicing, fishing, etc.

If you like history and hiking, this hike is packed with about as much history as we can get into one reasonable hike. You can see the hike here: http://www.catskillmountaineer.com/hiki ... nt-HH.html

We will also be including a new section for the old Saw Mill / Kaaterskill Hotel Laundry in the near future.
bikenhike

Re: New Historic Hike for North-South lake Region

Unread post by bikenhike »

Mike, are you going to have a scheduled hike for this historic hike? I would love to go on it.
mike

Unread post by mike »

If we can get enough people who would like to do the hike, I'm game.

Lately, weekend weather has been terrible. We already have a group of people who want to do Kaaterskill High Peak from the west. We just have to get a good weekend.
alexis

Unread post by alexis »

Mike took me on this hike this winter. Had a great time. Could not see any detail like in the summer.
rkugel

Unread post by rkugel »

I would also like to join the group for the North-South Lake hike. I share Mike's frustration with the streak of terrible weekends we've had regarding the weather. As Mike mentioned, we are also waiting for a nice weekend to do KHP from the west.