If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Prescription sunglasses

Recreational Gear. This includes, hiking boots, GPS, backpacks, kayaks, climbing gear, etc. Can also post items you would like to sell.
mtnclimber

Prescription sunglasses

Unread post by mtnclimber »

I have prescription glasses. I am trying to find a solution to help with snow blindness. What do others use?
kennykb

Re: Prescription sunglasses

Unread post by kennykb »

ESS Striker land ops goggles, with the smoke grey lenses when it's sunny (and amber ones when it's not, and clear ones at night, I have all three). They fit over my glasses, and don't fog too badly if I wear a facemask, or at least a balaclava, when I need to.
mike

Unread post by mike »

I had a pair of Chemstrie snap-on sun glasses. They would magnetically snap onto the face of your prescription glasses. There have two small magnetic disc placed on the front corner of the lens. You just place them up to the front and they snap in. They looked great, and worked great. But, if there the wind is blowing in just the right direction, the wind will un-snap them and they will fall off. I lost mine that way, and others have lost them hiking too. If you had four disc installed instead of two, then they would work good. You can also get them in different shades and colors. They are a bit expensive.

http://eyenavision.com/products/sunlenses

The other option is Transitions, but people complain that they don't work as well as they should. And, if in cold weather, they don't change when they should. I would avoid them too.
mtnclimber

Unread post by mtnclimber »

I think I am going to just get new prescription sunglasses again. Everything else seems to have problems.