If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Eric Frein may be in the NW Catskill Mtns

Report or discuss current events in the Catskill Mountains.
dave

Eric Frein may be in the NW Catskill Mtns

Unread post by dave »

A black 2012 Porsche Cayman (Penn licence: DSN-8875) was stolen near the man hunt for Eric Frein. Eric Frein killed a police officer and wounded a second officer in Pennsylvania on September 12, 2014. He has been on the run since then. Over 1,000 law enforcement officer are searching for him. He is now in the FBI Top 10 most wanted list. The abandon Porsche was reported to police on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 on Lee Hollow Road in Bovina. Police are not sure if Eric Frein stole the car, but the car is now in Albany being processed for evidence that Mr Frein stole the car. As a precaution, Police and SWAT have are now on site looking for Eric Frein. If it turns out that Eric Frein did steal the car, then the massive man hunt will move to the Catskill Mountains and surrounding area. If you spot him you should call 911 immediately.

dundee

Re: Eric Frein may be in the NW Catskill Mtns

Unread post by dundee »

I noticed he has a crucifix in one of the photos, a true Christian.
mtnclimber

Unread post by mtnclimber »

Has anyone heard if he did steal the car, and is in the Catskills?
Jon

Unread post by Jon »

Yah I'd like to know as well. If there is no evidence he went up there, then I can schedule a hike up there. If he's def up there then I can schedule a hike for near here.

This story has been all over the news for a couple months down here in PA. I was taking samples over in the Poconos last weekend and they had another sighting of him there. Schools get canceled and stuff when they think there's an unstable homicidal sniper in the woods. FBI is doing searches in all the woods. Kinda crazy overall fear radiating out of northern PA.

p.s. the link on the catskillmountaineer.com front page takes you to the waterfalls death post.
dave

Unread post by dave »

Oh geez, another fumble by our sleepy crew. Got the link corrected. Thanks for the heads-up Jon.

They had part of Bovina in lock-down the first 24 hours. Mike has a friend who was in the lock-down. Then they allowed them out, and they were free to go wherever they wanted. I presume that they didn't find DNA or finger prints in the Porsche. But, they are unlikely to tell us. I am pretty certain that he is still down in PA. He sure is making them seem like fools. It has been 1-1/2 months and they still cannot catch him with a 1,000 law enforcement officers. My guess is that he has an underground bunker. If he does ever make it to the Catskills he will be much harder to find.

By the way, Bovina is actually outside the blue line in the Northwest part of the Catskills. Most of my friends are out hiking in the Catskills. If you wanted to play it safe, hike on the Eastern region.
kennykb

Unread post by kennykb »

Last edited by kennykb on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am. I'm right here.
mike

Unread post by mike »

Just hanging out in a hanger. Took 1,000 police officers 48 days to find him.