If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Slide Plane crash?

Balsam Cap, Breath, Cornell, Cross, East Wildcat, Friday, Garfield, Giant Ledge, Hanover, Lone, Panther, Peekamoose, Pleasant, Rocky, Romer, Samuals Point, Slide, Table, Terrace, Van Wyck, Wittenberg, Wildcat, Woodhull
Nasrettin Hoca

Slide Plane crash?

Unread post by Nasrettin Hoca »

I'll be finished with the Marathon in 8 weeks and I'm working on some hikes and whatnot for over the winter, here and out West.

Last year, I did the B-25 on Friday/Balsam Cap, I see now, I put the TR on ADK and not here :(. It was a difficult hike coming 2 weeks after last years Marathon, I'm not a young guy anymore. There was a ton of new slides from those two big floods, the leaves had just fallen etc. It was an awesome hike, I love stuff like this, I've done loads of old shipwrecks also. Dunno what's wrong with me. :lol:

I've found a reference to another Bomber Crash on Slide MT but can't seem to find much about it online. Is anyone familiar with it?

Needs to scroll down to the bottom of the page.

http://chayden.net/Catskills/Notes/AircraftCrashes.html
mike

Re: Slide Plane crash?

Unread post by mike »

There are suppose to be two crashes on the east side of Slide Mtn. This is the steep side. One of them is off the trail. I don't know where the other one is.

I know we have a trip planned for around there the Fall. We have been waiting for the leaves to fall off first.
Nasrettin Hoca

Re: Slide Plane crash?

Unread post by Nasrettin Hoca »

Two crashes :shock: . I guess they were pre internet. I'll be up after Nov 4th if you go then. Slide is huge. Will be tough.