If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Another Fawn's Leap injury

Report or discuss current events in the Catskill Mountains.
dave

Another Fawn's Leap injury

Unread post by dave »

On Thursday, June 21, 2012 a 19-year-old man sustained significant head injuries while jumping off Fawn's Leap waterfalls in the Kaaterskill Clove. It was reported that he was pulled from the water by other swimmers in the area. The man was transported to Albany Medical Center by helicopter. His condition has not been released. This is the second serious injury at Fawn's Leap in the past week.

Fawn's Leap Waterfalls is located about 150' west of Moore's Bridge and is right next to Rt 23a. It is located in the Kaaterskill Clove between Bastion Falls and Palenville. It is located in the Town of Hunter. You cannot see the actual waterfall from Rt 23a. Fawn's Leap is 24' high and has a clear jump into the pool below. But, if you slip while crossing Kaaterskill Creek, you can fall onto a bump in the falls, which can seriously injury you or even kill you.

To learn more about Fawn's Leap Waterfall, click here

Most people jump off the falls to the LEFT of the waterfalls - BUT, you must cross Kaaterskill Creek to get there.
LJ2484

Re: Another Fawn's Leap injury

Unread post by LJ2484 »

I hope they are both ok. I'll be praying for speedy and full recoveries for both people
mtnclimber

Re: Another Fawn's Leap injury

Unread post by mtnclimber »

Hope both are okay and have a full recovery. The Catskills have some beautiful spots, but they are some places that are steep and dangerous too.

I have been worrying about some hidden logs that might be submerged from Hurricane Irene. Everything in the Kaaterskill Creek has changed so dramatically.