If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Platte Clove and Prediger Road

Guardian Mtn, Overlook Mtn, Plattekill Mtn, Indianhead Mtn, Twin Mtns, Sugarloaf Mtn, Plateau Mtn
mrsmileyns

Platte Clove and Prediger Road

Unread post by mrsmileyns »

Does anyone know if the section of Platte Clove Road that goes to Prediger Road from the east out of West Saugerties is open? Or will I need to get to Prediger from the west down Platte Clove coming through Tannersville? I know it is supposed to be closed in winter but I thought with the very mild winter it may be open prior to April 15. I am looking to get there on April 7 or 8.

Any idea?
mike

Re: Platte Clove and Prediger Road

Unread post by mike »

That's a good question. In the past, you could drive down the road if there wasn't snow. When they were repairing the road they put concrete barriers up. I have not driven to the end to see what is there, it anything.

I would tend to believe that you can go up and down the road now. But, I can't say for sure. I'll check around.
mrsmileyns

Unread post by mrsmileyns »

thanks - if you find out let me know - otherwise i will come down platt clove from tannersville and it will be like another 15 miles of driving or so ;)

thanks a lot
TobiasTicetonyk

Unread post by TobiasTicetonyk »

Yes, you can drive up or down platte clove road between West Saugerties and Tannersville.

On March 20th I drove down the road after enduring Hell's Hole Brook and exploring the area below Bridal Veil Falls and a few waterfalls downstream. There is still a sign that says "No Vehicle Traffic", and road work was being done. I asked a construction worker who was lingering around the top and he said it's OK to drive down, and they waved me through mid-way down the road. On my way down a saugerties police car was driving up and there was no problem (besides the fact we passed each other in the narrowest part of the road that was also now half dirt), so it's ok to go down even though its still in the closed season.

I should probably post some of those pictures :idea:
mike

Unread post by mike »

Maybe a little dusting of snow tonight.
I should probably post some of those pictures
Yes for sure!

Should have invited me. I can also show you some places where there are other waterfalls that you don't know about.
TobiasTicetonyk

Unread post by TobiasTicetonyk »

mike wrote:
Should have invited me. I can also show you some places where there are other waterfalls that you don't know about.
I'll let you know this time. When I went down for these pictures it was a spontaneous decision as I managed to get out early.