If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Devil's Path Current Conditions

Guardian Mtn, Overlook Mtn, Plattekill Mtn, Indianhead Mtn, Twin Mtns, Sugarloaf Mtn, Plateau Mtn
kristoria

Re: Devil's Path Current Conditions

Unread post by kristoria »

More photos from Saturday Dec 4th. We did Indian Head, Twin and Sugarloaf. No wind really until we turned back on Pecoy Notch. The area there by the lake on the Pecoy Notch trail was still flooded but was managable by hopping rocks and sticking to dry ground.
IMG_1044.JPG
IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1048.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG
IMG_1051.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mike

Unread post by mike »

Nice photos! I don't remember ever seeing that rock teetering on the edge of falling off the ledge. Will have to check that one out. But, I know where many of the other pictures were taken. Glad to hear that you had a good time.
Nasrettin Hoca

Unread post by Nasrettin Hoca »

Yup. That rock is even worse than it looks in my photo. It's got a load of rocks and mud pushing it from behind.

I didn't climb up there to investigate. So I don't know where it came from. Trail runs directly below it. It's not so far from the road that a casual little 15 min hike, next time I'm up there, to see if it's down yet, may happen.

As you can see, it's got no moss so it's pretty new.

Thanks Kris for the Pix!