If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Red Trail to North Point

Kaaterskill Falls, North/South Lake, North Point, North Mtn, Palenville Overlook, Rip's House, South Mtn, Stoppel Point
Jake

Red Trail to North Point

Unread post by Jake »

I am trying the find the easiest way to reach Northpoint.

I thought it was the red trail ? I also think the parking was before the lake ?

I planning to make the hike mid Sept

Can you briefly describe the hike as well as the distance plus any suggestions .

Thanks in advance for the help
mtnclimber

Re: Red Trail to North Point

Unread post by mtnclimber »

check out this link: http://www.catskillmountaineer.com/NSL-north.html

2.64 miles one way to the 2nd lookout Ledge. Great hike!

You can park in the parking lot just before the toll booths for North-South lake. It is near the corner of North Lake Road and Scutt Road. Once you park at the parking lot on Scutt Road, walk back up to North Lake Road. Then walk across the street. You will see the TrailHead. Take that trail up to the ledge water falls. Then take a left up the trail Then take another left up to North Point. Once at North Point hike another 1/4 mile up to the 2nd Lookout.

Lots of ways to get to the two lookout points on North Mtn. Most are good. If you take the Escarpment Trail (blue trail) down to North Lake, that is also a nice hike. If you do, take the side trail (yellow) to Bear's Den (sign calls it Artist Ledge I think).
kennykb

Re: Red Trail to North Point

Unread post by kennykb »

You've asked this question at least six times in the past year. The answers haven't changed. It's getting to be a bit annoying.
I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am. I'm right here.