If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Colgate Lake To Dutcher Notch

Kaaterskill Falls, North/South Lake, North Point, North Mtn, Palenville Overlook, Rip's House, South Mtn, Stoppel Point
Birdman

Colgate Lake To Dutcher Notch

Unread post by Birdman »

Having planned an easy hike for early July(club hike) and using this website's guide I set out last Friday to hike to mile marker 3.35(near a waterfalls) and return back. After I got to mile marker 2.4 (Bridge # 3) I figured just a mile to go to my destination after crossing # 4 at the 3.1 marker. To my dismay I encountered a stream I could not cross just shortly after Bridge # 3. I could see yellow blazes across the stream. I returned to my car. I don't if it is usually dry in the summer. The last time I hiked to this trail was in the summer. Happened to be when they were draining Colgate Lake to do dam work years back. Input helpful. Regards.
mike

Re: Colgate Lake To Dutcher Notch

Unread post by mike »

Most people have a problem at bridge #4, which no longer exist. That usually stops most people. But, I haven't seen the stream flood after Bridge #3. But, we have had a lot of rain, so anything is possible.
Birdman

Re: Colgate Lake To Dutcher Notch

Unread post by Birdman »

Thanks for your info Mike. I had not been on that trail on some time. My club hike is July 5th so some later part of June I will do a recheck. Just looking to get past where Bridge 4 was and find a waterfall. Regards. Ed