If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Southern Escarpment

Kaaterskill Falls, North/South Lake, North Point, North Mtn, Palenville Overlook, Rip's House, South Mtn, Stoppel Point
mike

Southern Escarpment

Unread post by mike »

Over the weekend we drove to the bottom of Laurel House Road and parked in the new KF parking lot. We then hiked up to the old Kaaterskill Hotel site, and then down the Escarpment. It was quite hazy, but we still have a great time. KF was a zoo!

The real Inspiration Point - Views of Palenville and the Hudson River in the distance

Taken from the real Sunset Ledge - views of Kaaterskill High Peak and Roundtop

The new bridge over Lake Creek. Just above Kaaterskill Falls.
Jon

Re: Southern Escarpment

Unread post by Jon »

OMG so many mushrooms! Are any of those edible? I wouldn't eat them even if I thought they wouldn't kill me.

Where is that bridge? I haven't been over there since they made the new trail. Is that by the Escarpment ending (Scutt rd)?
mike

Unread post by mike »

This is a couple hundred feet up from kaaterskill falls. It is where the old hotel bridge used to be by Laurel House Hotel and Kaaterskill Falls. It links the Laurel House Road PA with the Escarpment Trail. It will also link the Kaaterskill Rail Trail with the Cross-Country ski trail.
Birdman

Unread post by Birdman »

"We then hiked up to the old Kaaterskill Hotel site". I am familiar with the new KF parking lot. From there how do I get there to start hiking. I have never been there. Regards. Ed
mike

Unread post by mike »

As soon as you walk over the bridge, take a right. After a short distance you will see the trail to scutt pa.