If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Marcy, Hunter, Wittenberg Panorama

Display photos or discuss photographic techniques and tips
Jon

Marcy, Hunter, Wittenberg Panorama

Unread post by Jon »

So I made a 360 degree with photomerge panorama from my shots this summer on the top of mount marcy. However full resolution it's 30mb.

Any suggestions on how I go about sharing something like this? I produced a low res (7.5mb) file which would barely upload to my picasa, which I can only show in 1000px here to fit on this forum =( and that still chops off the last 15-20 degrees of the view.

Here are a few more that I'm working on.

wittenberg

Hunter Firetower
admin
Site Admin

Re: Marcy, Hunter, Wittenberg Panorama

Unread post by admin »

The settings on the board are for unlimited size and 1050px across. But, it still chops it off. From what I understand, this is a function of the software. :(

Maybe when the software is upgraded, it might allow wider images.
Code Grinder
SNEAKers

Unread post by SNEAKers »

Also, when viewing pictures on a phone (such as an iPhone) about 33% of the right side of each photo is cut off. This happens on pictures as small as 1024 pixels across. Not sure if this is part of the same software issue?

Regardless, to Jon's question, there doesn't seem to be much of a good way of posting large panoramas regardless of the forum or site. It seems the best way would be to provide a link to some hi-rez file sharing site that will allow viewing of the full size panorama. Obviously to get the effect of the panorama, you need the entire image to be visible on the width of the screen... So the wider the actual image, the smaller the height dimension becomes which makes for difficult viewing of detail.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be interested as well !
mtnclimber

Unread post by mtnclimber »

I have the same problem on other forums too. Seems to be a function of the software.
kennykb

Unread post by kennykb »

I've never found a better way to do panoramas than to host them at my own site using PanoJS to zoom them.

http://kbk.is-a-geek.net/attachments/20 ... ledge.html and http://kbk.is-a-geek.net/attachments/20 ... look3.html are examples.
I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am. I'm right here.