If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Platte Clove AIR

Display photos or discuss photographic techniques and tips
tennant

Platte Clove AIR

Unread post by tennant »

I had the opportunity to spend a week in the Platte Clove area in late September as an artist-in-residence. This forum was extremely helpful in planning for the trip and so I thought it would be appropriate to share the fruits of my labor. I'm still going through the images, making slow but steady progress processing them. I've decided to chronicle my week in the form of a blog. If you are interested, you can read more here: http://wp.me/pMG9a-44

The week I was there is when we, as well as the rest of the East coast, experienced a slow moving storm. There was torrential rain for a good 12 hours straight. Look for some of those documentary photos in the near future. It was impressive, to say the least. (And by "documentary", I mean poor quality, since they were taken with my cell phone to avoid getting my "good" camera drenched :))

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mike

Re: Platte Clove AIR

Unread post by mike »

There are some great places to take pictures in the Platte Clove region. Dangerous place to hike. Look forward to seeing more pics. Plattekill Falls is a great place to take pictures when there is a moderate amount of water running. Scary at high water. I think I posted some pictures a couple months ago. But, I'll have to check.