If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Morning hike on Saturday?

Post future hikes, Looking for hiking partners.
roxytherunner

Morning hike on Saturday?

Unread post by roxytherunner »

Looking for suggestions and or someone who would like to hike with my boyfriend and I this Saturday for a half day (morning) hike.
Was thinking Overlook, but open to something else in the vicinity of the Ashokan reservoir to Woodstock area.

*disclaimer* we are marathon runners, but don't have real experience hiking on our own. Have done three day overnight hike in Tobago/jungle & beach twice and many day hike but all were guided. Would love the company and conversation. we are friendly!
kennykb

Re: Morning hike on Saturday?

Unread post by kennykb »

I'd love to but, (1) It takes me a little while to get down there, and I don't think I can get an early start on Saturday this weekend, (2) If you're marathoners, you're going to hike a lot faster than me, and I'd just be holding you up.

That said, if you're willing to go with a slowpoke, drop me a line! I'm always looking for people to go with, particularly since most of what I've left to do to finish the 3500's are peaks that are beyond my risk tolerance to do solo. (I'm willing to lead any of them, but want someone to have my back.)

I'm eager to try for Friday Mountain (which is right above the Ashokan, but is reputed to be a difficult bushwhack). And there are a half-dozen other bushwhack peaks that I haven't done. (The only one with a trail left on my list is West Kill.)
I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am. I'm right here.
roxytherunner

... clearly i am new to the message-board. I just assumed that if there was a reply, i would get a message in my email, so i didn't look... now i know.

We ended up hiking Overlook and Wittenberg. Yes we would be interested in joining you for any hike. We are trying to confirm our next visit, it may be this weekend or the weekend of the 22-23. Should know later this week.
mike

Unread post by mike »

I would love to hike with you, but I am still suffering from a foot injury. I tried to start hiking again before it was fully healed, and did a lot more damage. I am going stir-crazy. Maybe another time.

North-South lake is pretty good too. Not that far from Woodstock.
roxytherunner

Mike - take it easy and get better, so you can be ready for the spring! and yes hope we can all hike together! there are so many incredible hikes and waterfalls to explore -- cant wait until my next hike.
roxytherunner

Photos from October 18-19 and November 1-2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
roxytherunner

Hike this Saturday? Who is in? Feel free to inbox me, but i will check back on the message board by Friday.

We are going to be in West Shokan this weekend (11/22-23). We are up for a hike of any type of difficulty (bushwack/ok) and we do not have any real time constraint on Saturday (other than daylight). Preferably hike for no less than 2 hours, but not more than 10 hours.

Also could do an easy hike the morning of Sunday, but we do have time constraints as we plan on running the Fair St. 5K which is at 1:30 p.m. in Kingston.

~Roxy