If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

thomas cole

Post future hikes, Looking for hiking partners.
Birdman

thomas cole

Unread post by Birdman »

Looking for a partner to hike Thomas Cole in the next couple of weeks. Date not yet set. Thanks
kennykb

Re: thomas cole

Unread post by kennykb »

I wouldn't mind doing that one again, I suppose. Which way were you thinking of going? Thomas Cole doesn't have much to recommend it, but Camel's Hump has a decent view and Black Dome a spectacular one.

Any interest in coming with me on any of the ones I still need? (That's a general query, not just to Birdman!) I'm down to
Friday, Table*, Peekamoose*, Fir, Big Indian*, Doubletop, West Kill*, North Dome, Sherrill, Halcott. (Plus Blackhead in the winter, still.) The ones with asterisks next to them are ones that are popular enough that I'm totally confident with doing them solo, so I don't guarantee not to have them checked off by the time anyone's looking to schedule a trip. My orienteering is good enough that I'm confident leading any of them. (North Dome is a particular bugbear for me, though, because a family member died there. I'll need a supportive partner for that one.)

No, I don't know how I got this far down the list without having done Peekamoose and Table. Except that I live north of the Catskills so they're way down at the other end.
I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am. I'm right here.
mtnclimber

Unread post by mtnclimber »

The bushwhack ones are best done when the leaves are off the trees. Makes it a WHOLE lot easier.
kennykb

Unread post by kennykb »

Yeah, I know, the ones I've done have been in various seasons. For what it's worth, the nettles haven't been bad this year.
I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am. I'm right here.
Birdman

Unread post by Birdman »

I sent you an email kennykb. Based on your response maybe North Dome is one I can support.