If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Hole In In The Wall

Discussion of Glacier National Park in NW Montana. The hiking mecca of the world
TobiasTicetonyk

Hole In In The Wall

Unread post by TobiasTicetonyk »

Very cool that there is a Glacier section on here.

Collection of photographs from a backpacking trip in early August 2011. Took the boat across Waterton lake, hiked to Janet Lake, camped there, then hiked to Francis Lake, camped there, next day walked to Hole In The Wall and back, then to Waterton River. Camped at Waterton River, hiked to Kootenai Lakes, then went back to Waterton Lake to get the boat back across and out. I have a TON of pictures from Montana this past summer... my other backpacking trip was to Stony Indian Pass. Lots of pictures of other areas around Glacier, and also the Beartooth Mountains, Yellowstone, Flathead Lake, blah blah blah

http://cmd.shutterfly.com/commands/pict ... &album=850
mike

Re: Hole In In The Wall

Unread post by mike »

In my opinion, GNP has some of the best hiking in the world. I was suppose to do the North Loop this summer, but I just could not make it. I have always wanted to do the route from North Fork to the Hole-in-the-Wall to Waterton. I am planning on a trip next September. Maybe to do the North Fork, or do something from North Fork. I would also like to do Floral Park, Dragon's Tail, Obelin, Highline Trail (again), etc.

Loved your pictures. Lucky that you could get out there this summer. August this year was pretty good. It took so long for the snow to melt this year.