If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Mt. Tecumseh - White Mountains

Discussion of hiking from Maine to Florida
cmu268

Mt. Tecumseh - White Mountains

Unread post by cmu268 »

Beautiful day yesterday up in the White Mountains! Dayhiked up Mt. Tecumseh in the southwestern region of the Whites. Really good easy-moderate hike. Good mountain to introduce someone to New Hampshire hiking. No real ledges or rock scrambles to traverse, but a good steep trail up the mountain. Tecumseh is down at the bottom of the list of the New Hampshire 4000' peaks, just squeaking over at 4,003'

I have a full trip report on my blog: http://mfhiking.blogspot.com
kennykb

Re: Mt. Tecumseh - White Mountains

Unread post by kennykb »

Nice trip report. You've added another hike to my 'things to do' list. The list grows much faster than I hike, alas!
I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am. I'm right here.
cmu268

Unread post by cmu268 »

kennykb wrote:Nice trip report. You've added another hike to my 'things to do' list. The list grows much faster than I hike, alas!
I know the feeling. Seems like for every hike I do, I add three more on to the list!
Jon

Unread post by Jon »

the whites are awesome! Great pictures. That looks like some ski-slopes.

Whites are one of my favorite places to be currently. So sad I'm missing out on a summer trip next week to Pemigewasset loop. =*(
I may be planning a trip though for July if anyone is interested.

-jon
cmu268

Unread post by cmu268 »

Yeah, Mt. Tecumseh is also a ski area. There's only one spot on the way up where you can pop out on a trail for a view, otherwise the ski and hiking trails are separate. though once up to the ridge you can hike 1/2 mile over to the top of the ski area.

Let me know, I'd be interested. I moved up to the Boston area a few months ago and I love being only a couple hours away from the Whites, though now a couple extra hours away from the Catskills. (Don't worry, Catskills, I'm still coming for you).