If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

I'm thinking of a road......

Chat about the Catskill Mountains in general.
kkayaker8

I'm thinking of a road......

Unread post by kkayaker8 »

but for the life of my can't remember it's name or exact whereabouts! Can anyone give me suggestions?

It was a dirt road, it gained pretty good elevation, it was the equivalent of the Platte Clove mountain road but scarier to me. I thought it was called Over Mountain Road, because I remember thinking, what an appropriate name. It was a thru road. I don't remember the down, but I do remember the up. No guard rails. No pavement. It was somewhere in the Balsam Lake/Peekamoose/Table area.....Don't remember where it came out.

I've scoured google maps and can't find anything, and this is driving me crazy!
SNEAKers

Re: I'm thinking of a road......

Unread post by SNEAKers »

Moore Hill Rd? Google maps doesn't have a street view on the sections that kind of match your description so I do not know if it is paved or not.

41.894579, -74.532752
trailblazer

Unread post by trailblazer »

Would you be thinking about Cross Mountain RD located in Turnwood/Margaretville off of route 54 (Alder Creek RD.)
Let's just go and not come back for awhile.
kennykb

Unread post by kennykb »

Or Mountain Road from Johnson Hollow in Halcott to County Route 2 in Lexington? That certainly was once drivable, and it's still platted as Greene County Route 3, even though there are DEAD END signs in both directions short of the pass beween Bearpen and Vly.