If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Snow Storm this weekend

Report or discuss current events in the Catskill Mountains.
dave

Snow Storm this weekend

Unread post by dave »

This is the snow depth forecast this weekend. It will start Saturday around noon and end Sunday around noon. Right now we believe that we will get about 9" of snow. There is a 30% probability that we will have 12" or more. It is expected to be all snow.

mike

Re: Snow Storm this weekend

Unread post by mike »

In the NE side of the Catskills we saw 12" of snow. There was 4-6" of snow before the storm.
daveoleary

Unread post by daveoleary »

I see that warmer weather and rain is predicted for the next couple of days. How much snow is in the mountains now? After some warm rain followed by several days of below freezing temps.... looks like things will be pretty icy. I am planning to do some hiking in early January, so reports on conditions are welcome! Thanks.
mike

Unread post by mike »

Most of the snow has melted. I would expect icy conditions. Microspikes for sure!
kanigie

Unread post by kanigie »

I'm headed up next weekend to Bearpen from Central NJ. Is there any snow left on the ground? I don't see much snow in the forecast between now and then. Snowshoes or microspikes?

Thanks,
Justin
mike

Unread post by mike »

Justin

Not sure about next weekend. I would presume that you will need snowshoes next weekend. It is suppose to snow tonight, so that might get a foot of snow. I would bring both.