If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Snow Storm Wed - January 12th 2011

Report or discuss current events in the Catskill Mountains.
dave

Snow Storm Wed - January 12th 2011

Unread post by dave »

weather.gov (NOAA) is predicting a snow storm for Tuesday evening into Wednesday.

Tuesday Night: Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 13. Calm wind becoming north between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow. High near 24. Wind chill values as low as zero. North wind between 10 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
mike

Re: Snow Storm Wed - January 12th 2011

Unread post by mike »

Weather.gov for Tannersville is:

Tonight: Snow, mainly after midnight. Low around 19. Calm wind becoming north between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow. High near 28. North wind between 8 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Probably means that we will get 6-12 in the valleys and and 12-18 in the mountains.
UpstateNYStateofMind

Re: Snow Storm Wed - January 12th 2011

Unread post by UpstateNYStateofMind »

Gosh, 23 degrees in the Catskills sounds like it would be a complete blessing. Of course, that does seem a tad high for a place as heavily elevated as the Catskills. I would love all this snow if it weren't for the fact that I had to trek out to work every day in it. No recreational use, at all. Yuck!
Miriam
After visiting the Catskills, zoom ankle braces are things I'll be using for a while.