If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Diamond Notch Falls bridge?

Balsam, Hunter, Leavitt Peak, North Dome, Sheridan, Sherrill
daveoleary

Re: Diamond Notch Falls bridge?

Unread post by daveoleary »

I was at the Diamond Notch falls back at the end of March (2013) and there was no bridge. Given the significant snow on the ground and the melting snow at that point (and the near freezing temps), I did not attempt to cross the stream. I expect to be up there again in June and West Kill is one of the potential hikes. I am guessing that the bridge is still not replaced, but would welcome updated info. Thanks.
dave

Unread post by dave »

It is scheduled to be replaced, but I don't know when.

In the summer, it is very easy to get across because the water flow is very small.
daveoleary

Unread post by daveoleary »

I climbed Westkill yesterday, still no bridge. The water level was low enough that it was easy to cross - I only had to step on one wet rock, and definitely did not get my feet wet at all. Overall it was a beautiful day and a great hike up over Westkill and St Anne's.
Jon

Unread post by Jon »

Just camped out Friday night at John Robb and ended up going down past Diamond Notch after Southwest Hunter. There is now a bridge there.
I don't know if people were aware of this or how long its been there. Great for Devil's Path hikers, but kinda spoils photographs of the falls! =)

Diamond Notch Falls Bridge: 11/2014