If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

lost dog, North Dome

Balsam, Hunter, Leavitt Peak, North Dome, Sheridan, Sherrill
Emily&hounds

lost dog, North Dome

Unread post by Emily&hounds »

My buddy Kevin lost a bluetick coonhound on Sunday September 25. "Whiskey" is black and white with tan trim, long ears, and a loud baying voice. He and another coonhound were wearing GPS tracking collars with Kevin's contact info as well as regular collars with tags and contact info. We started at Timber Lake camp. The hounds were last in signal range on the Spruceton side of North Dome at dusk. Sarah came back to the camp last Saturday, six days later, skinny but otherwise unharmed. Whiskey is still lost. He may be on or near the Devil's Path trail. I have searched North Dome pretty thoroughly with my hounds and they did not find him. If anyone sees or hears Whiskey, please call me at 518 989 6454 so we know where to look. Kevin lives two hours south, but if you catch Whiskey (very friendly with humans) call Kevin's number on his collar. If you bring Whiskey home with you, be aware that he is a hunting breed and will kill cats, given the chance. Keep him away from yours!
Emily&hounds

Re: lost dog, North Dome

Unread post by Emily&hounds »

Whiskey is home! He was found picking apples in the Spruceton Valley, skinny, with porcupine quills, but no permanent damage. He was at large for 8 days!
mike

Re: lost dog, North Dome

Unread post by mike »

Glad that he has been found. Porkie quills are no surprise. Dogs just can resist them.