If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Jennie's Notch from Rt 23

Ashland Pinnacle, Hayden, Huntersfield, Lake Heloise, Mt Pisgah (durham) Nebo, Sticklers, Steenburg, Richmond, The Knob, Zoar
mike

Jennie's Notch from Rt 23

Unread post by mike »

Today we headed up to the northeast side of the catskills. Planned on hiking Elm Ridge. But, since there was still snow, we decided at last minute to change our plans. We decided to hike from the WHP parking lot on Rt 23 to Jennie's Notch. We have done this hike a number of times. But, it has been two years since we have done it. Nice hike through the forest with very little snow. We then did the hike up Jennie Notch dirt Road. It was a bluebird day, so it was real nice. We then hiked up the non-public section of the road. No final goal planned. We just hiked until we decided to turn around. I hurt my hip a little while ago, so I didn't want to do a long hike. Real nice day.

We then had a late lunch. It was just a lark, but we started to talk about Glacier National Park, and quickly changed the subject into, "Let's go!". So, it looks like we'll be going in June. Wahoo!

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures today.