If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

1/19/13 Ticeteneyck

Balsam Cap, Breath, Cornell, Cross, East Wildcat, Friday, Garfield, Giant Ledge, Hanover, Lone, Panther, Peekamoose, Pleasant, Rocky, Romer, Samuals Point, Slide, Table, Terrace, Van Wyck, Wittenberg, Wildcat, Woodhull
Rivet

1/19/13 Ticeteneyck

Unread post by Rivet »

Ticeteneyck (elevation ~2510) is one of the small peaks in the Southern Catskills just north of Ashokan reservoir that you can see while driving along Route 28. I hiked up it today with my beagle. There was no marked trail, but the woods are very open and there are logging roads all over. Parked in a small pull-off on Peck Road. Started out following the state boundary markers and eventually hooked up with a road. Left the road at one point and then headed up the southern ridge to the top. There was a ledge to the east of the summit which had a view toward Tonshi mountain and the Ashokan reservoir. It was a nice place to take a break and have some snacks. There was another partial west of the summit over a logged area (toward Wittenberg, Cornel, Samuels Point, Friday, etc.). Headed back down along the ridge and took a different logging road down to the base. It was nice sunny, warm day for this short bushwacking adventure. There were only a couple of inches of snow in the woods but no icy spots anywhere.

Pictures
mike

Re: 1/19/13 Ticeteneyck

Unread post by mike »

I was suppose to hike Ticeteneyck on Saturday. But, my hiking partner canceled at the last moment. From the pictures, it looks like a nice hike. The views look good too. Looks like an easy hike too.
kennykb

Re: 1/19/13 Ticeteneyck

Unread post by kennykb »

Pretty hike, and nice beagle!
I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am. I'm right here.