If you want to just look at post, you do NOT need an account.
But, if you want to post comments you need to open an account. Please:
Click Here to apply for an account.

Looking for Snowshoes

Recreational Gear. This includes, hiking boots, GPS, backpacks, kayaks, climbing gear, etc. Can also post items you would like to sell.
mike

Re: Looking for Snowshoes

Unread post by mike »

I have a lot of reports to write. Maybe I will get them finished this week.
mtnclimber

Unread post by mtnclimber »

I just read your battery review. I really learned a lot! Had no idea that there was so much to rechargeable batteries. Thx for the education!
kkayaker8

Unread post by kkayaker8 »

I don't know if you know of the site, steepandcheap.com, but they've been having a bunch of snowshoes on sale recently, don't they if they're the kind you are looking for, but the prices sure seem good!
mike

Unread post by mike »

I've been to steepandcheap.com. Great source for a good deal. I ended up buying a pair of tubbs couloirs. I liked the concept of the MSR's, but everyone tells me that the cramp-ons keep breaking. MSR has no intentions of fixing them.

Right now I have (2) tubbs 25' shoes. One is older with less aggressive cramp-ons, and the new Couloirs which have very aggressive crampons. I also have (2) 30" shoes. One is a very old Sherpa with poor crampons, but they are light enough and easy to put on. I also have a pair of tubbs with aggressive crampons, but they are heavy.

Someday I might just make my own. I am never happy with the ones I have.

Hay...welcome to the forum.
kkayaker8

Unread post by kkayaker8 »

Thank you!