what's the status on streams and falls running?

Discussions about outdoor activities concerning water. Including, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, etc.

what's the status on streams and falls running?

New postby LJ2484 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:23 am

Hey everyone. Got vacation coming up this week and I'm coming up to the Cats for a few days for some hiking and camping. We got some rain in New Jersey last night but not nearly what we need at least not where I live. Primarily I will just be using streams to cool off and was just wondering if anyone goes out in the woods today what are the conditions of any mountain streams you encounter. I know that places like Esopus will be running fine but was curious about the seasonal streams. I was up last weekend and seemed like most streams were drying up fast if they hadn't already. Any information is appreciated
LJ2484

Re: what's the status on streams and falls running?

New postby mike » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:57 pm

We have been getting a few rain storms every couple of days. So, the streams are picking up some water. But, still not where they need to be.
mike

Re: what's the status on streams and falls running?

New postby Sam » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:09 pm

LJ- If you're just trying to cool off then the streams have enough water in them for that purpose. Looks like rain on/off for the next couple of days, which should help things out a bit.
Sam

Return to Water - Fishing, Swimming, Canoeing, Kayaking, etc